MULTISPECIES CARE GROUP: Nazneen, Peggy, Juliana, Raissa, Bettine, Angelica
The group has asked that you please read the following:
- Maria Puig de la Bellacasa, “Matters of Care in Technoscience: Assembling Neglected Things,” Social Studies of Science 41:1 (2011): 85-106.
- From Peggy: adrienne maree brown, Introduction, Emergent Strategy: Shaping Change, Changing Worlds (AK Press, 2017).
- From Raissa: “Greenmarket NYC & Farmers Market Coalition,” What Doesn’t Kill You < podcast: 31:16 >.
- From Bettine: Please have a look at Cisco’s and Deloitte’s visions of a smart/connected/digital campus and think about how they intend to care for students and education more generally.
From Juliana: two podcasts, with multiple options for listening lengths; choose based on your time constraints:
Cary Fowler (creator of the Svalbard Global Seed Vault) and Rowen White represent the diversity of seed saving initiatives across scales, geographies, ontologies and communities. Here they talk about their projects and the architectures of seed saving (and bears!): Fresh Air interview with Cary Fowler. Listen from the beginning through to 13:30 or 18:57.
- From Nazneen: three videos
- TedMed, “No Longer Afraid: An Undocumented Immigrant’s Experience in American Health Care” <video: 12:36>.
- Kaiser Permanente, “Designing Active Health Care Environments” <video: 3:44>.
- Healthcare Triage, “The Healthcare System of the United States” <video 7:35>.
- Post a slide to our response deck?